Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's Tea-Time! Nerada Organics Rooibos & Vanilla Tea

I am obsessed with Rooibos since I discovered it via Sadie Nardini's 14 Day Yoga Detox Course. And why shouldn't I be considering all it's awesome benefits?

It's caffeine-free, aids digestion and allergies, and has cancer-fighting properties... in fact I wrote all about it in August 2012!

My local Coles has started stocking more variety of Rooibos so it's not just limited to Just Rooibos now (although Just Rooibos is mighty tasty, and still one of my favourites). I recently picked up this box of Nerada Organic's Rooibos and Vanilla tea because it was on sale, and was the Johnny Come Lately of the tea shelf!


It's fairtrade, and organic! Both double ticks in my books, and added vanilla? It sounded too delicious!

But I'm afraid that's where my love affair ends with this tea. When I first opened the box, the vanilla scent was overpowering. However, when the tea was brewed, I couldn't really taste much vanilla in it. Mild rooibos taste... probably the mildest out of all the rooibos teas I have tried.

The other thing that really annoyed me were the labels. They were stuck onto the bags with a fairly strong glue, so the first few bags I tried, I'd rip accidentally because they were stuck on so fast! My frustration levels were through the roof the first few nights I had my cup of rooibos... nothing worse than having a torn teabag!

Value for money? This is one of the cheapest rooibos boxes around, especially for something organic and fairtrade. Sadly though, I won't be repurchasing.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I'll have to try this out. I have been so addicted to the organic chai tea from T2 lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that sounds delicious! I love chai :) And I love T2!

      Delete
  2. Aw, what a shame. :(

    I love tea, and anything with vanilla automatically gets a vote, but this one sounds disappointing...I get you on the 'label' issue, that's a pet peeve of mine too! If I want loose tea leaves in my tea I'll stick to loose leaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh I hate having tea keaves leak out of tea bags!! I prefer tea bags to loose leaf simply because I'm too lazy to wash a teapot and strainer... but when the leaves are in my tea and I'm drinking tea leaves, it just ruins the experience :S

      Delete